Sales tax news this week travels from France, where new VAT rates are in effect, to Mexico, where pet food is taxed a whopping 16%. In the United States, Amazon now collects sales tax in 19 states, Oregon’s cigarette tax is up, and Colorado explains how to document exempt sales.
Ever wonder how much sales tax the St. Louis Rams have been (over)collecting on their tickets? Find out below.
- Amazon collects sales tax in three new states.
- France raises VAT rates.
- Colorado explains how to document exempt sales.
- California vegetable sellers learn that it’s taxing to sell to animals.
- Owning a pet in Mexico is now a luxury.
- New York City’s hotel occupancy tax is extended.
- Georgia’s TAVT rate increases.
- Oregon’s cigarette tax hike.
- The St. Louis Rams can’t win.
- Items used in qualified research may be exempt in Texas.
- North Carolina provides information on the taxation of service contracts and newspapers .