AvaTax API 19.6 Patch Notes
This article is about the June 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Partner Integration Certification API
If you write an integration with Avalara APIs, this API will be your friend. It tests 17 scenarios to give you a detailed examination of your integration completeness. When a scenario examination has failed, the API returns a detailed message explaining why. It's important to continue testing this API throughout the development of an integration, until the endpoint returns a Success tag.
Multi-Tax enablement in TaxContent API
Previously, Tax Content API only supported SalesAndUse tax type scenarios. In this release, we’re enabling Multi-Tax content into API results so partners can trigger UnitOfBasis, TaxSubType, and Parameters results with Item-included TaxContent API calls. And in the next release, we’ll enable TaxApplicationLevel results that indicate whether a TaxOnTax calculation has occurred.
Other fixes and improvements
- Resolved issue in UncommitTransaction API that throws an error upon TaxOverride
- Removed EntityNotFound error for UnvoidTransaction with DocumentType=Any
- Resolved UnhandledException in ResolveAddress
- Added military regions support in DownloadTaxRatesByZipCode API
- Started to return error for UPC codes above 12 characters
- Resolved Unhandled Exception in filtering
- Resolved KeyNotFoundException in Item Parameter mapping
- Fixed VisibilityError in QueryDataSources
The 2021 sales tax changes report: midyear update
Your guide to navigating the complicated world of tax compliance and preparing for the future
Stay up to date
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest tax news.