AvaTax API 19.8 Patch Notes
This article is about the August 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Throttling on DownloadReport API
DownloadReport API is an endpoint that can utilize significant server memory. In 19.8, we’re adding throttling control to this endpoint to prevent its impact on service stability. If receive a response of “429 – Too many requests” from this endpoint, please be aware that it’s due to the new throttling mechanism we’ve added.
Multiple Exemption API enhancements
We’ve refined our Exemption APIs in multiple areas:
- EcmsId has been added the Certificate model to indicate whether the Exemption Certificate has taken effect on exempting transactions
- Attributes have been enabled for Customers through the newly created ListAttributesForCustomer API, LinkAttributesToCustomer API, and UnlinkAttributesFromCustomer API
- DocumentExists field has been added to the Certificate model to flag whether a PDF has been created for the file uploaded
- PoNumber can now be updated in the UpdateCertificate API
Reflecting origin name in Access-Control-Allow-Origin header
In our 19.5 Patch Notes, we talked about adding the new Access-Control-Allow-Origin header to our API response to enhance client-side security with browser usage. This header was initially introduced in “permissive” mode, so it wouldn’t prevent client side from displaying API content across domains. In this release, we switched from “permissive” mode to “restrictive” mode, so that after the change, only registered websites will be able to build UI to display Avalara content.
If you have a use case to serve Avalara API response directly into your client’s browser, please contact us so we can work with you on registering your domain name.
Fixes and improvements
- Fixed a bug on creating an Item with AVATAXCODE system classification
- Resolved a bug on Item filtering
- Returned better errors for CreateItemClassifications AP
- Fixed format for CannotCertifyCompany error
- Resolved RemoteValidationError on RequestNewEntitlement API
- Updated documentation to indicate global notifications are not dismissible
- Fixed an issue in AuditAccount API originalRequest field
- Resolved duplication issue in Item Parameters
- Updated documentation to correctly reflect response status codes that can come out of each API
- Corrected an issue in Company TIN validation
- Added validation to UpdateLocation API to preserve necessary data for Returns
- Addressed an issue in audit process to enhance service stability
The 2021 sales tax changes report: midyear update
Your guide to navigating the complicated world of tax compliance and preparing for the future
Stay up to date
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest tax news.