AvaTax API 19.9 Patch Notes
This article is about the September 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Correcting error transactions
Our customers often find a need to correct their transaction errors after the fact, especially when the transactions are submitted through extractor applications. ErrorTransactions APIs provide a solution to this problem. These APIs will allow customers to review historical error transactions, fix them, and delete them.
In this release, we’ve added two APIs:
- FetchErrorTransactions API – to fetch historical extractor-based failure transactions
- DeleteErrorTransactions API – to delete failure transactions that no longer need be tracked
At the same time, CreateTransaction as well as CreateOrAdjustTransaction APIs are also updated to record extractor-based transaction failures.
Note that these error transaction APIs will only support extractor scenarios from this release; in the future, they’ll be expanded to more scenarios like batches and connectors.
Fixes and improvements
- Stopped reflecting input in error messages, to prevent security issues
- Enabled acceptance of multiple TaxCodes in SendSales APIs
- Added new field isFein to company model to identify whether taxPayIdNumber is a FEIN or SSN
- Enabled Meals tax calculations
The 2021 sales tax changes report: midyear update
Your guide to navigating the complicated world of tax compliance and preparing for the future
Stay up to date
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest tax news.