AvaTax API 19.10 Patch Notes
This article is about the October 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
No release for November
Every year, in preparation for Cyber Week, our highest traffic-volume time, we freeze our code for a one-month period to ensure our infrastructure can provide the fastest and most reliable calculation, and help our customers achieve a successful holiday season.
This year, Black Friday is November 29, and Cyber Monday is December 2. This makes the current release — our October release — the last release prior to Cyber Week. We will skip our monthly release for November.
See you all again in December!
Fixes and improvements
- Certain characters are no longer allowed for new companyCodes, including “|”, “\”, “;”
- DeleteCertificate API no longer returns a Certificate model
- No longer throws error if address line1 input is longer than 50 characters, instead length will be truncated to 50 characters, for a smoother client-side workflow
- RateDepends custom tax rule is now applicable to non-EU countries
- Added API documentation for maximum batch file size allowed
- Fixed 500 error for CreateItems API
- Fixed 500 error for SendSales API
- Added ID fields into SendSales API for uniqueness identification
The 2021 sales tax changes report: midyear update
Your guide to navigating the complicated world of tax compliance and preparing for the future
Stay up to date
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest tax news.