AvaTax API 19.12 Patch Notes
This article is about the December 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Error transaction API improvements
- Error is NOT thrown, and list is returned if an AccountAdmin user attempts to use ListErrorCodes for a company in another account
- Added IsRecordSetCountCapped property to ListErrorTransactions and ListErrorCodes APIs
- Implemented IsRecordCountCapped property in ETS ListErrorTransactionsResponse and ListErrorCodesResponse objects
Returns API bug fixes
- Added endpoints to expose FilingPeriods filed per company’s returns
- Fixed ordering issues for Notices
- Updated documentation for the payment model to display filingId as a required field
- Added inverse quarterly and weekly filing frequencies to tax notices
- Corrected Post Notice Attachment swagger description
- Fixed the generic 500 error when filtering the ListTaxForms API by a non-null fiscalYearStartMonth value
- Attempting to create a company return setting without a companyReturnId or filingQuestionId that now results in a ValueRequiredError
- Attempting to use the UpdateFilingCalendar API with a null model payload that now results in a ModelRequiredException
- Fixed a bug on GetFilingCalendars
Fixes and improvements
- Resolved Registrar Remove Subscription issue in Sandbox
- Removed Internal Service URLs from RemoteServerError
- Added Adjustment Reason and description to CreateOrAdjust model
- Added special encoding for % while using Transaction APIs
- Fixed the update or deletion of an expired subscription
- Updated BizTech response check to include >500 status codes
- Updated "Onboarding" endpoint label to "Provisioning"
- Fixed caching issue with subscriptions
- Fixed a bug on locations without filter returning incorrect result
- Added additional Filter Operators for Customers and Certificates fetch endpoints
The 2021 sales tax changes report: midyear update
Your guide to navigating the complicated world of tax compliance and preparing for the future
Stay up to date
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest tax news.