AvaTax API 20.1 Patch Notes
This article is about the January 2020 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Locations API improvements
- Added new marketplace locations definitions API to list system suggested locations for a marketplace
- Added new API to support expiration and creation of a company location
- Updated the company location APIs to prevent date range overlap for company locations with the same location code
Transaction bug fixes
- Fixed unavailability of Taxable Units in tax details of REST response
- Fixed generic 500 error if user attempts to use ListErrorTransactions with an unknown filter
- Added Amount, Datasource, ShipToCountry, and ShipToRegion fields to ListErrorTransactions API
- Added functionality for transactions to support Basic Returns subscription only
Fixes and improvements
- Added Amusement, Hospitality, RentalLeasing to taxTypeGroups
- Updated EWaste tab name to Recycling in taxTypeGroups
- Added deployment to AWSCQA from GitLab CI
- Added custom rules determination factor to InspectLine API
- Fixed the duration and storage for LocalJurisdictionFetchCache
- Resolved missing error body text issue from Internal and Remote server errors
- Fixed TaxAddressError for non-US addresses that also include geocode coordinates
- Updated documentation to clearly state one exposure zone per certificate
- Added support for OutOfHarbor TaxOverrideType
The 2021 sales tax changes report: midyear update
Your guide to navigating the complicated world of tax compliance and preparing for the future
Stay up to date
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest tax news.