Avalara API 20.3 Patch Notes
This article is about the March 2020 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Fixes and improvements
- Added Bulk account support for company returns (Filings Calendar)
- Added Logging for all requests that set LocalNexusTypeId as configurable
- Converted Lodging RateTypeCode to General when creating custom rule
- Added minor documentation updates for CreateBatches API
- Fixed incorrect LineAmount in transaction response when AggregateReport is set to true
- Fixed NullReferenceException in GetCompanyRuleExecutions
- Fixed Advanced Rules to work with Adjust tax workflow
- Fixed Advanced Rules that apply to Recalculating transactions
- Backfilled ErrorCodes for existing error transaction data
- Resolved generic 500 error returned when user attempts to use ListErrorTransactions with an unknown filter name
- Made CompanyCode optional upon company creation; when value is not supplied, use CompanyName with no spaces and special characters as code
- Fixed InternalServerError and RemoteServerError descriptions with missing error body text
- Removed restriction on isAllJuris while creating new custom tax rules
The 2021 sales tax changes report: midyear update
Your guide to navigating the complicated world of tax compliance and preparing for the future
Stay up to date
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest tax news.