Avalara API 20.4 Patch Notes
This article is about the April 2020 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Fixes and improvements
- Ensured rebuild is processed on FC request auto approval
- Fixed Returns Console customers receiving company filing status as "Active" instead of "NotYetFilling"
- Resolved connection issue from API to ReportServer
- Added feature flag for new Definitions APIs for Nexus by TaxSubType feature
- Removed buggy ModelRequiredException in Create Transaction
- Added validation for DocumentIds list in BulkLockTransaction model
- Added a Definitions API to list TaxSubTypes by JurisdictionCode and Region
- Fixed calling AvaTax Rest V2 with an item with too-long postal code not generating an error in Error Transaction Service
- Added Definitions API to ListNexusByTaxType with flag for isTaxSubType Nexus
- Added support for displaying TaxName for Nexus
The 2021 sales tax changes report: midyear update
Your guide to navigating the complicated world of tax compliance and preparing for the future
Stay up to date
Sign up for our free newsletter and stay up to date with the latest tax news.