Hey CRUSH 2017 attendees! Get social with us for your chance to win a Nintendo NES! Here’s how:
- Follow @avalara on Twitter and be on the lookout for trivia and social missions to complete. You must be in attendance at CRUSH Austin 2017 to qualify.
- Answer questions and complete missions. Be sure to include #TaxCRUSH17 and @avalara in all your posts.
- A winner will be selected based on most questions answered correctly and missions completed. For full rules and contest details, read more below.
Crush Austin 2017 CONFERENCE
No Purchase NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This is a professional trade promotion not open to the general public. The Avalara Crush Austin 2017 Tweet-Off Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to attendees of the AVALARA CRUSH AUSTIN 2017 CONFERENCE in Austin, Texas held from May 2, 2017 through May 3, 2017 at the Austin Hilton Hotel (the “Crush Austin 2017 Conference”), who are at least 18 years old. Employees of Avalara, its related companies, and agents are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The AVALARA CRUSH AUSTIN 2017 CONFERENCE TWEET-OFF Contest is sponsored by Avalara, Inc. (referred to herein as “Sponsor”), of 1100 2nd Ave, Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98101.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling in a timely manner all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest begins at the opening of the Crush Austin 2017 Conference on May 2, 2017, and ends at the closing of the Crush Austin 2017 Conference on May 3, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). Winner will be announced at the May 3, 2017 Crush Austin 2017 Conference closing dinner at [insert time and location] (the “Closing Dinner”).
- How to Enter: Avalara will post trivia questions and tasks on Twitter during the Crush Austin 2017 Conference. To participate, the entrant must post answers to the trivia questions and complete tasks on a public and searchable Twitter account and include the hashtag #TaxCRUSH17 and a link to Avalara’s Twitter account at @avalara. The owner of the account with the most correct answers and completed tasks will win a Nintendo NES Classic Edition. Entrant must be a registered member of Twitter to participate. Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges chosen by Avalara. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple Twitter accounts will be disqualified and forfeit any prize won, in Avalara’s sole discretion.
- How To Win: The entrant who answers the most questions correctly and completes the most tasks will win. In the event of a tie, the entrant who finishes the tasks and answers first will be deemed the winner. Entrant must be present at the Closing Dinner to win. If first place entrant is not present at the Closing Dinner, the prize will go to the second place entrant if present. If the second place entrant is not present, the third place entrant will win if present, and so forth.
- Prize: The prize winner will receive one (1) NINTENDO NES CLASSIC EDITION (approximate retail value $130). Prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute any prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the original prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees that are not expressly mentioned above and are associated with receipt or use of prize. Winner of the NINTENDO NES CLASSIC EDITION prize (or a substitute of such prize) may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the awarded prize.
- Disclaimer: Avalara and Twitter, Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Avalara or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- No Twitter Endorsement: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc. Entrant understands that by participating, Entrant understands that by using and interacting with www.twitter.com, entrant is subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of those sites. Entrant must review the applicable terms and policies for those sites, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Twitter.
- General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Avalara, which are final and binding in all respects. Avalara reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any Entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Avalara’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Avalara otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Avalara’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision, nor will it waive or invalidate any other provision of these Official Rules. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Avalara, the Contest or any other Entrant (in each case as determined in Avalara’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Avalara reserves the right to lock out entrants whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to [EMAIL]@avalara.com or send written questions to the address listed above, Attn: Public Relations Team.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons, entities, or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules and Contest Results: To request a copy of the Official Rules and name of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Avalara, Inc., Attn: Legal, 1100 2nd Ave, Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98101. Vermont residents may omit postage for rules requests.