Customer Account Manager
Sales | Seattle, WA, United States,Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
As part of the customer loyalty team, the customer account manager ) is responsible for ensuring world-class customer experience, while also driving up-sell and add-on opportunities. The CAM maintains a large portfolio of customers. Account Managers must thrive on working in a fast-paced, exciting environment, creating value for the client and have strong account management, customer service, and sales skills. Flexibility, emotional intelligence, networking skills and a focus on results are among a Customer Account Manager's key assets along with the ability to identify business needs and sell sales and use tax solutions via exceptional communication skills.
- Establish a professional working relationship with day-to-day users up to the executive level
- Manage a pipeline of add-on and upsell opportunities within a set of existing accounts and deliver results against a quota
- Responsible for customer retention (dollar and logo) throughout the renewal sales cycle
- Provide timely forecasts to direct manager as well as track customer and partner interactions, leveraging Salesforce
- Articulate and present the value delivered by Avalara products and services to various levels within an organization to ensure renewal
- Understand a clients' business environment and uncover their sales and use tax challenges to recommend additional products/services
- Partner with the Customer Excellence team to promote client retention and satisfaction
- Create a win-win environment for the client and Avalara by professionally and ethically negotiating issues related to contracts, pricing, and service fees.
- Leverage the broader internal team to address client satisfaction issues
- Grow relationships with key client contacts to ensure we add value at every step
- Build client references and uncover client success stories to share with the Sales, CAM, and Marketing teams
- Develop subject matter expertise and product knowledge in order to provide valuable actionable recommendations to clients related to best practices in managing sales and use tax
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience
- Minimum 5 years of individual quota-carrying sales experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Experience negotiating contracts or facilitating resolution to customer problems
- Proven track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.