Customer Success | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
- As a Software Development Engineer in the Customer Success Enablement organization, be an integral part of building our publishing environment for training content and documentation, designing and creating modern presentations of that content, and delivery of that content to areas in our products and across multiple channels, including Avalara University, Avalara Resource Center, and Avalara global products.
- Build, maintain, and scale training content infrastructure, including continuous integration, release, and configuration management across global sites
- Contribute to development of modern and efficient site templates based on user research and design mockups
- Customize and extend content presentation on hosted platforms
- Integrate training platforms with other infrastructure and products across the company Manage sustained engineering activities and maintenance of publishing infrastructure
- Be prepared to demonstrate proficiency and experience in each of these areas.
- Experience writing HTML/CSS and using templating systems to create standard web layouts.
- Working knowledge of modern, continuous development techniques and pipelines on cloud platforms (e.g. CI/CD, Jenkins, Git, Maven, and Artifactory)
- Experience building and maintaining automation infrastructure for continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in Agile methodologies and collaborative work-tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience working on RESTful web services
- Experience understanding complex requirements and designing test plans
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience providing robust documentation within your code and higher level documentation of processes
- Experience deploying and maintaining enterprise learning management systems (LMS) such as Skilljar, and web content management systems (CMS) such as Mindtouch and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Experience learning new technologies and programming languages in order to deliver new products and services.
- Experience customizing hosted platforms
- Experience integrating websites with platforms such as Salesforce, Adobe Analytics, Okta, etc. Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with DITA and structured XML documentation
- Experience enabling localization
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.