Data Automation Tech Associate
Professional Services | Monsey, NY, United StatesApply Now!
General Description: We are searching for a technical capable and personable individual to join our Data and Content team. You will be responsible for support of multiple teams and platforms within our organization with a focus on simplifying the collection of registration and licensing data from our customers, and building automation to use same data to complete customer online registrations and applications. The preferred candidate will have the ability to combine technical skills, think independently, and analyze data to drive efficiency.
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Creating and editing of logic and rules driven online questionnaires.
Mapping questionnaire data to fields for online tax registrations, and license applications.
Ensure and assist in automation and simplification of process.
Building templates for customer deliverables.
Tracking of web links for authorities and online filings.
Manage all internal notifications and escalations to ensure correct data.
Report to management of inaccurate data with vision of improving automation and efficiency.
Assist with other departments as needed.
Contact State, County, and Local authorities for information as necessary.
Responsible for expertise of licensing and ongoing filing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent certifications.
- Preferred one year of experience in compliance or licensing.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand interaction between software platforms.
- Ability to manage and prioritize effectively a high volume of work.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to apply continual process improvement and help create efficiencies.
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and willing to work in a collaborative environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.