Business Intelligence Analyst
Engineering | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is seeking an experienced business intelligence analyst for our payments organization.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst role is responsible in delivering business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. They will work closely with diverse stakeholder groups and teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
It is essential that the BI Analyst can build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues. They will provide data that is accurate, congruent, and reliable and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. This includes working with the wider data team to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Analyze and visualize data to inform and assist stakeholders.
- Design, build and maintain business intelligence infrastructure to improve availability and usability of data and insights
- Work with Python, SQL, various visualization engines, and Amazon Web Services.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Explores the data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends.
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms using analytical tools such as Power BI to create visual reporting
- Present findings among peers and stakeholders. Socialize projects and results that help inform Avalara and guide the business.
- Develop Key Risk Indicators (KRI's) to monitor and mitigate the financial impact.
- 5+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Analyst and/or Data Science role, with a focus on building data pipelines and/or analyzing large data sets to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, information systems, business management or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, Python, or similar data related languages
- Excellent communication skills. You are used to distilling complex technical topics down to actionable insights to advise stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated experience with data and statistics. This includes applying relevant data analysis to inform and potentially guide projects where the goals are potentially unclear, and the risks are unknown.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization of algorithms.
- A builder's mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet or software company and knowledge of payments industry.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That is a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That is why we are growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.