Engineering | KA, India,Pune, MH, India,Hyderabad, IndiaApply Now!
The Global Architecture Team at Avalara is responsible for building tools and Proof of Concepts with utmost coding standards and practices. We provide teams the guidance and support with coding examples and standards that can be adapted easily throughout the engineering organization.
The Lead Engineer's role is to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. This person adheres to architecture standards and follows best practice development standards. He will also take on leadership responsibilities within projects and act as a mentor to software engineers.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, including troubleshooting.
- Planning, organizing, and decision making abilities with follow-through.
- Be a self-starter; continually seek opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and its products
- Multi-task with attention to detail and deadlines
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle – design, development, unit tests, testing, and support
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns to manager and team
- Willingness to continually learn.
- Perform Code Reviews on teammates code check-ins to ensure standards are met
- Lead and mentor other less experienced software engineers
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent on-the-job experience required
- Over 15 years of professional experience designing and developing web based applications
- Candidate should have experience with development using a MVC Design Pattern
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services
- Strong DevOps skills: CI/CD , Docker , terraform etc.
- Public Cloud Service Experience (AWS/Azure)
- Strong work ethic & people skills
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.