Sr. Atlassian Administrator
Information Technology | Remote, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Atlassian Administrator to join our team.
The Sr. Atlassian Administrator is a Jira subject matter expert responsible for providing technical leadership to our internal Atlassian team that provides application management, support, and operations for our internal organization.
This position is part of the Avalara IT organization and will work with business stakeholders to implement and continuously improve process and integration with other internal business applications.
Major Job Activities
- Provide recommendations to various lines of business on best practices and standardization in implementing and leveraging processes within the Atlassian Suite
- Work with teams across the organization to discover, scope, and implement Jira workflows and customization that meet their business needs.
- Research and provide recommendations on Atlassian products, plug-ins, and roadmap features for future enhancements to support business objectives
- Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, security schemes, screen schemes, JIRA vocabulary, and permission and notification schemes
- Create and maintain a governance plan for JIRA and Confluence
- Create and configure metrics, dashboards, reports, and advanced filters in JIRA/EazyBI to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Liaise between internal customers and external vendors for more complex work involving custom code or for projects that require expert consultation
• Facilitating plugin research, procurement, testing and implementation
- Accountable for day to day service management and operations of Atlassian Cloud environment, including monitoring, security, vulnerability remediation, performance, data protection and disaster recovery
- 3+ years providing technical leadership within an Atlassian team
- 4+ years of experience with configuration and administration of Atlassian products such as JIRA Core, JIRA Software, Confluence, and key 3rd-party add-ons
- Experience in administering, customizing JIRA projects, and performing on-prem to cloud migrations
• Experience with SDLC, Agile and SAFe Agile Frameworks required
- Previous software development, QA, or other software engineering positions highly desired
• Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
• Vendor management experience
• Project management experience
• Experience with Jira Align or similar applications is a plus
• Atlassian and Certified Scrum Master or equivalent certifications highly desired
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara's headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.