Senior Software Engineer - AvaTaxBR
Engineering | SC, BrazilApply Now!
Avalara is searching for a Senior Software Developer to help us build and evolve our highly distributed and scalable Saas Core Platform.
A successful candidate will be a well-rounded software development engineer with a proven track record of delivering SaaS at scale in an Agile environment.
- Read and understand requirements and search out ways to “go big” to solve the underlying problems
- Implement SQL-based data storage solutions in the appropriate contexts
- Understand and plan upstream and downstream impacts of software changes
- Develop from the perspective of an attacker and demonstrate every way something could go wrong
- Sketch out your own test cases in the planning phase
- Write integration tests and unit tests
- Collaborate with team members on code reviews and test plans
- Work with product management and subject matter experts to ensure that each feature is useful for the target audience and easy for them to understand
- Design solid data models and make effective use of database technology
- Constantly seek out ways to do a better job and improve automation
- Computer science degree or equivalent education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a software development role, shipping complex applications to large scale production environments
- Ability to write great documentation
- Passion to see your product be the best in the business
- Preferred Qualifications
- Deployment automation experience
- RESTful API oriented design
- Modular service-oriented architecture
- SQL / NoSQL Databases
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Single page applications: React.js, Angular.js
Avalara solves Tax. But it's not like you may think. Imagine every product you buy, every service you subscribe to, every transaction you make. It all needs to be taxed. Every city, county, state, country taxes differently and every transaction which crosses those boundaries (effectively every transaction) needs to account for those differences. Now imagine retailer (brick/online), the wholesaler, manufacturer, importer/exporter and the depth and breadth of the challenge in getting the tax right. Avalara takes on that burden and makes it easier for businesses of all sizes to do businesses globally. It's a very challenging domain in terms of scale, reliability and complexity and Avalara does it better than anyone.
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We're committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you'll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It's time to hear your voice.