EY - Asia Pacific VAT & GST news and trends
The ever increasing economic strength of the Asia Pacific region means that more businesses are making it a priority to do business in the Asia Pacific. However, the complex and diverse nature of the region poses many challenges and pitfalls, especially the operation of the region’s various tax and regulatory systems.
Avalara is delighted to invite you to an EY webinar on AsiaPac VAT & GST developments. This will be an opportunity to learn about how major countries are modernising their indirect tax regimes, and how this compares to your experiences in Europe and the U.S.
Join EY’s Aaron Bromley and Peter Sanders as they review the big trends and how it could affect your business as you enter and expand in the region.
In this webinar we will cover:
- APAC compliance trends and how this differs from Europe
- • SAF-T not as common
- • Big mix in maturity e.g. China / Australia vs South East Asian countries
- • Trends for e-invoicing to control data flow
- What does this mean for business?
- • Different indirect tax operating model for APAC as compared to Europe
- • Local language capabilities still required for filings
Aaron assists Malaysian clients on a variety of indirect tax matters; transaction advisory, compliance and reporting, systems and process, as well helping clients manage GST controversy. Prior to joining EY Malaysia he worked through GST implementation with EY Australia, following a role as investigator with the New Zealand Inland Revenue Dept.