COVID-19 VAT cashflow survival
Governments globally are looking to support businesses in the COVID-lockdown and recovery phases are using VAT as a primary measure. The speed and focused nature of VAT means it is doing the heavy lifting in terms of initial emergency and long-term liquidity support.
But the challenge is tracking the various measures and available solutions, which all come with complex requirements, deadlines and application obligations. This risks missed boosts to cashflows and additional stress on stretched finance teams who may lack the in-depth country VAT knowledge to exploit the measures being offered.
For example, things like VAT reclaims can be utilised by businesses globally as a quick and easy cash injection to keep businesses of all sizes afloat in these testing times.
In this webinar Avalara, and our partner Taxback International, will review the major issues, and how businesses can automate much of the process
- What VAT payment deferrals are available, and how to secure them
- How can basic compliance requirements be renegotiated with tax authorities to improve cash flow and easy workloads?
- Which import or export VAT deferments are available
- Can time of supply be changed to stretch out VAT payments
- What help is available on bad debt relief
- What refund may be due on cancellations of contracts or activities
- What VAT reclaim solutions are available
- Using group VAT registrations to reduce VAT leakage
Richard Asquith is VP Global Indirect Tax at Avalara, helping businesses understand their compliance obligations as they grow globally. Richard qualified as an accountant with KPMG in the UK, and went on to work in Hungary, Russia and France with EY.
Joe Healey is Director, Strategic Partnerships at Taxback International and has over 18 years’ experience in business development, supporting clients ranging from start-ups through to multinationals. Joe has driven business development and Partner integration at Taxback International for 11 years. During his tenure Taxback International has become the dominant global VAT refund provider in the market. Joe is responsible for maximising synergies and alignment with strategic partners to ensure delivery of value added VAT recovery services to multinational clients.
Register for webinar
Privacy notice: Your data will be shared with Taxback International who are participating in this webinar. https://taxbackinternational.com/privacy-policy/