Unraveling the mysteries of Chinese VAT
If you are looking to enter or expand your business in China. Maybe you're selling via e-commerce from abroad or B2B in China? If you need to understand the VAT rules, the ongoing indirect tax reforms as well as how China is using VAT to subsidise its pivots to a consumption economy, then this is webinar is for you. We will help you understand your Chinese VAT obligations.
Join Avalara and KPMG as we review China’s VAT system and how it differs to common VAT systems around the world. The briefing covers you if you are:
- A B2C e-commerce company seeking an overview of the VAT rules,
- A B2B company importing and selling or buying domestically; or
- A service company selling from outside China to local businesses and consumers
You will hear from in-country VAT experts on the above business models, as well as real-world examples of businesses entering the Chinese market and some of the most common problems that arise. We will also cover.
- A brief history: how China went from Business Tax (BT) to VAT
- Common Chinese VAT issues
- How technology tools can be used to help manage Chinese VAT
Richard Asquith is VP Global Indirect Tax at Avalara, helping businesses understand their compliance obligations as they grow globally. Richard qualified as an accountant with KPMG in the UK, and went on to work in Hungary, Russia and France with EY.