OMNI Atlanta Hotel & CNN Center
Exclusive customer and partner event
- OMNI Atlanta Hotel & CNN Center
Date & Time:
- November 15, 2016
- 9:00am to 2:30pm
- 100 CNN Center NW
- Atlanta, GA 30303
A-List events deliver user-inspired content, training and networking opportunities for customers across the United States. Join the thousands of customers who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it when we are in your city.
- 9:00 amBreakfast & Registration
- 9:30 amAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 9:40 amSales and Use Tax Update & Audit Best PracticesDiscussion led by Chad Roberson & Ralph Etienne, DuCharme, McMillen & Associates (DMA)
- 10:40 amBreak
- 10:50 amProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 11:20 amSmall Group DiscussionsChoose from a variety of user-inspired topics. Check back here for session descriptions.
- 12:30 pmLunch
- 1:30 pmPrivate behind-the-scenes tour of CNN Headquarters
As a Senior Tax Technology Manager, Ralph manages integration projects involving transaction tax software packages and various business/ERP systems. He provides technical expertise relating to functional configuration of the software as well as technical development of software solutions for DMA’s clients. Ralph has more than eight years of experience working on various tax technology projects, including development, programming, and application support. He has been instrumental in creating, modifying and updating DMA’s tax technology tools. For the past few years, Ralph has assisted DMA’s clients by providing customized technology solutions. This includes configuring transaction tax applications to comply with client tax policy and developing technical applications to support clients’ specific tax and business goals. Ralph holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Florida.
As a Senior Tax Manager, Jonathan performs sales/use tax overpayment reviews for Fortune 1000 companies. He coordinates and analyzes client data for use with DMA’s sales/use tax automated review process. He also reviews client sales/use tax audit assessments and files the necessary appeals. Jonathan successfully negotiates with auditors regarding audit assessments and refunds. In addition, he assists clients with managed audits and provides sales/use tax training seminars. Jonathan also regularly informs clients of tax law changes that affect their industry and serves as an ongoing research resource. Jonathan has nine years of sales/use tax experience working with DMA clients in diverse industries throughout the Southeast, Midwest and East Coast regions. He has managed audits, performed proactive sales/use tax reviews, and negotiated with state taxing authorities for clients in a variety of industries including automobile manufacturing, engineering, food service, and healthcare products. Additionally, Jonathan has assisted clients in audit and overpayment review data extraction and verification, primarily through SAP systems. Jonathan holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from Auburn University. He continues to expand his knowledge of state and local taxation through tax-related educational events, research, and involvement in the tax community.