The State Room
Exclusive customer and partner event
- The State Room
- Harborside, 33rd Floor
Date & Time:
- April 12, 2016
- 2:00pm to 7:00pm
- 60 State Street
- Boston, MA
Whether you are an Avalara customer or partner, don’t miss this opportunity to meet your Boston-area peers. Join industry veterans, product experts and Avalara leadership to learn more about Avalara’s products and services, common compliance issues and make a few connections.
- 2:00 pmArrival & Registration
- 2:25 pmWelcome & Introduction
- 2:30 pmAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 2:40 pmTaking Your Business Global, Mark Houtzager, US-VAT, Earn 1 CPE CreditMark Houtzager will start with an introduction into the world of Value Added Tax. Specifically, he will discuss issues that U.S. companies generally have in managing their overseas VAT responsibilities. Using the perspective from the supply chain, the speaker will highlights common business challenges like reverse charges importing, Incoterms, VAT registrations and filings. This will be a session that is worth while for every company doing business overseas, whether in wholesale, retail or services. Please have a look at Mark’s VAT Blog (www.theVATblog.com) before the event.
- 3:40 pmBreak
- 3:50 pmProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 4:20 pmCustomer, Prospect & Partner BreakoutsAvalara partners: The event includes a breakout session just for you! Come learn how you can leverage the Avalara team to better assist your clients with their transactional tax requirements and improve the success of our partnership by utilizing our turn-key programs. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and feedback with our partner team and gain insight from your industry peers. Avalara customers: Choose from a variety of breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates, VAT compliance & landed cost, and filing returns.
- 5:30 pmCocktail receptionEnjoy delicious fare and cocktails during the networking reception.
- TransportationAvalara has partnered with Uber to offer complimentary one-way Uber rides for up to $25. Use event code: AVALARAEVENT to redeem your free ride to OR from the event.
As a seasoned VAT consultant, Mark has a distinguished track-record of writing and co-authoring articles and books, both in English as well as in Dutch, his native language. With his practical and business-minded approach, Mark’s presentation style has been described as ‘very to-the-point’, ‘entertaining’ and ‘not at all the sleeping pill I expected’.