NASCAR Hall of Fame
Start your engines!
- NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Legends Room
Date & Time:
- June 16, 2016
- 9:00am to 2:00pm
- 400 East Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Charlotte, NC 28202
Whether you are an Avalara customer or partner, don’t miss this opportunity to meet your Charlotte-area peers. Join industry veterans, product experts and Avalara leadership to talk tax and compliance challenges.
- 9:00 amArrival & Registration
- 9:30 amWelcome & IntroductionYou have invested in Avalara for the long run and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 9:40 amStrategies for Mitigating Risk, Christanna Taylor, Elliott Davis DecosimoThis session will focus on high-risk areas that surface during audits and in due diligence such as nexus, use tax and exemption documentation. This session will also cover recent changes to the taxability of repair, maintenance and installation services in North Carolina.
- 10:40 amBreak
- 10:50 amProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 11:20 amBreakout SessionsAvalara partners: The event includes a breakout session just for you! Come learn how you can leverage the Avalara team to better assist your clients with their transactional tax requirements and improve the success of our partnership by utilizing our turn-key programs. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and feedback with our partner team and gain insight from your industry peers.
- 11:20 amCustomer Breakout Session 1: Compliance Document Management at Every Customer TouchpointIn this 30-minute session, we will discuss ways to leverage customer and compliance information at every transaction point using multiple technologies and devices.
- 11:50 amCustomer Breakout Session 2: Solving the 6 Challenges of Sales Tax FilingDo you feel that you are spending too much time on sales tax filing and reporting? Each state has unique filing schedules, forms, payment thresholds and other administrative requirements, which makes the returns process challenging. In this session, learn about how Avalara Returns saves you time, money and headaches each time you file. This session will cover filing local returns, tracking numerous due dates and filing schedules, managing multiple payment methods and notice management.
- 12:30 pmLunch & NASCAR Museum ActivitiesWhat's an A-List event without a little fun? Experience what it's like to drive a NASCAR race car or be a part of a pit crew up against the clock to win the race. We'll see you on the speedway!
Christanna is a senior manager in the firm’s State and Local Tax practice. With more than 12 years of experience, she has served as an advisor to senior executive management, advising on complex acquisitions and dispositions of both entities and assets. Christanna has expertise in all aspects of tax-related corporate compliance and regulatory affairs including ASC 740 and indirect taxes. She has a depth of knowledge and experience with strategic tax planning, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and corporate financial transactions. She is also adept at developing and directing the multistate tax function, supervising outside counsel and accountants, tax controversy management and tax-related risk management. Christanna is quite experienced with integrating and liaising with such allied corporate staff functions as corporate legal, finance and payroll. Prior to joining Elliott Davis Decosimo, Christanna served as the Vice President and Associate Tax Counsel for a diversified holding company for five years. She has also served as a manager in the State and Local Tax practice of a Big 4 firm and as a senior consultant in the International Tax group of another Big 4 firm. Christanna has a strong commitment to community involvement as she consistently provides 100 hours or more per year of pro bono legal services to small businesses and non-profit organizations.