6th Annual Chicago A-List Event
- Greenhouse Loft
Date & Time:
- September 22, 2016
- 2:00pm to 7:00pm
- 2545 West Diversey Avenue
- Chicago, IL 60647
A-List events bring together customers and partners, product specialists and industry experts to discuss best practices, showcase new products and provide training for users. Over the years, the content has evolved to include product training and small group sessions so you only attend sessions most relevant to you.
Join the thousands of customers and partners who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it!
- 2:00 PMArrival & Registration
- 2:30 PMAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 2:40 PMFrom Nexus Study to Reporting of Taxes, Discussion led by Alex LaskowskiWhat is the current state of nexus? Why undergo a nexus study? How often should you review your activities for nexus? What should you do after you get the results of a nexus study? This session will address the current nexus standards for indirect taxes and more importantly, what a company should be considering when undergoing a nexus study. The steps from nexus study to reporting of taxes are: nexus study, exposure analysis, registration, exemption certificate management, billing sales tax on invoices and reporting.
- 3:40 PMBreak
- 3:50 PMProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 4:20 PMSmall Group DiscussionsChoose from three different breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates, navigating the AvaTax Admin Console and support, and audit readiness.
- 5:30 PMTaste your way through the neighborhoods of Chicago and learn how to craft your own delicious cocktails during this special reception in partnership with FIG Catering.
Alex Laskowski is a partner with Grant Thornton’s State and Local Tax practice. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, he was a sales and use tax auditor for the state of Missouri. Laskowski has authored articles in several hospitality trade publications and co-authored the chapter on hospitality in the new Sales and Use Tax book published by the Institute of Professionals in Taxation. He is also a regular speaker at Hospitality Technical Financial Professional events and at the annual Printing Industry Tax Conference. He works extensively with clients in the construction, hotel, manufacturing and printing industries. Laskowski is the leader of the firm’s Five-Star Hospitality Tax practice.