Avalara is returning to Cleveland!
- Progressive Field
- Meeting Room: Heavy Hitters
Date & Time:
- September 20, 2016
- 3:30pm to End of game
- 2401 Ontario Street
- Cleveland, OH 44115
A-List events bring together customers and partners, product specialists and industry experts to discuss best practices, showcase new products and provide training for users. Over the years, the content has evolved to include product training and small group sessions so you only attend sessions most relevant to you.
Join the thousands of customers and partners who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it!
- 3:30 PMArrival & Registration
- 4:00 PMAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 4:10 PMSales/Use Tax Update and Audit Best PracticesDiscussion led by Justin Reinard & Timothy Hughes, DuCharme, McMillen & Associates (DMA)
- 5:10 PMBreak
- 5:20 PMProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 5:50 PMSmall Group SessionsChoose from three different breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates, navigating the AvaTax Admin Console and support, and audit readiness.
- 7:10 PMFirst PitchWatch the Indians take on the Kansas City Royals from the club level
As a Tax Technology Director, Justin provides consulting services relating to the integration of transactional tax software solutions and automation of tax processes. He works closely with DMA’s clients to efficiently determine requirements, develop the most appropriate integration solution, and implement the solution. Justin has a broad base of knowledge in many functional and project management areas, allowing him to provide significant benefits to the client and overall project. Experience Justin has more than eight years’ experience with transaction tax and systems. Justin joined the DMA team in March 2008 as a consultant in DMA’s Sales/Use Tax Division, where he performed sales/use tax overpayment reviews and provided audit assistance. Justin gained expertise in various functional areas such as: project management, product code determination, organizational settings, exempt customer determination, adequate test results, and filing requirements. Justin joined DMA’s Tax Technology Division in March 2010 and has expanded his expertise regarding implementation processes, integration procedures, and the overall development process. Education/Credentials Justin holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from Kent State University. He is a certified Taxware Implementation specialist and has worked with the ONESOURCE (formerly Sabrix), Vertex O Series, and Vertex Q Series systems. Contact Phone: 800-309-2110, ext. 1813 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Senior Tax Manager, Tim conducts sales/use tax overpayment reviews and transaction analyses for DMA’s Fortune 1000 clients. He also performs nexus reviews, develops tax matrices, and reviews sales/use tax audit assessments. Additionally, Tim assists in providing training seminars to clients and conducts tax research on an ongoing basis. His core focus at DMA is the study of sales/use tax law to ensure exceptional sales/use tax services are provided to DMA’s clients. Experience Tim has 11 years of sales/use tax experience, working with DMA clients in diverse industries throughout the Midwest and Northeast. He joined DMA in November 2004 as a Staff Consultant in the Cleveland office. After completing vigorous training in sales/use taxes and delivering exceptional services to DMA’s clients, Tim was subsequently promoted to the position he holds today. He has performed sales/use tax reviews and extensive research for clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, financial services, utilities, pharmaceuticals, and mining. Education/Credentials Tim holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Ohio University. He continues to expand his knowledge of state and local taxation through research and involvement in the tax community. Contact Phone: 800-309-2110, ext. 1830 Email: email@example.com