The Room on Main
- The Room on Main
- 6th Floor
Date & Time:
- March 17, 2016
- 2:00pm to 7:00pm
- 2030 Main Street
- Dallas, TX 75201
Whether you are an Avalara customer or partner, don’t this miss this opportunity to meet your Dallas-area peers. Join industry veterans, product experts and Avalara leadership to talk-tax and compliance issues while making a few connections.
- 2:00 pmArrival & Registration
- 2:25 pmWelcome & Introduction
- 2:30 pmAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 2:40 pmBiggest challenges in SALT in 2015 and a look into 2016, Pat McCown, Partner, Grant Thornton
- 3:40 pmBreak
- 3:50 pmProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 4:20 pmCustomer & Partner Breakout SessionsAvalara partners: The event includes a breakout session just for you! Come learn how you can leverage the Avalara team to better assist your clients with their transactional tax requirements and improve the success of our partnership by utilizing our turn-key programs. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and feedback with our partner team and gain insight from your industry peers. Avalara customers: Choose from a variety of breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates, AvaTax Tax Profile Check-Up and a review of the Liability Worksheet in Avalara Returns.
- 5:30 pmCocktail Reception
- ParkingParking will be hosted across the street at the Gary Lot. You will receive a voucher at the end of the event to insert into the meter upon exiting the garage.
Pat McCown has more than 20 years of experience in multistate tax planning, audit defense, refunds and consulting. His experience includes a broad range of issues, including sales and use tax, telecommunications taxes, fees and surcharges, property tax, multistate income and franchise tax, and unclaimed property. McCown also has experience in over-payment identification and recovery, audit assessment negotiation and dispute resolution, nexus studies, voluntary disclosure and compliance, taxability studies, sales and use tax automation, special purpose entity creation, and unclaimed property compliance.