Sports Authority Field at Mile High - SOLD OUT!
6th Annual Denver A-List Event
- Sports Authority Field at Mile High - SOLD OUT!
- Visitors' Lockeroom
Date & Time:
- October 6, 2016
- 9:00am to 2:00pm
- 1701 Bryant Street
- Denver, CO 80204
A-List events bring together customers and partners, product specialists and industry experts to discuss best practices, showcase new products and provide training for users. Over the years, the content has evolved to include product training and small group sessions so you only attend sessions most relevant to you.
Join the thousands of customers and partners who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it!
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM TO JOIN THE WAIT LIST.
- 9:00 AMArrival & Registration
- 9:30 AMAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 9:40 AMThe 5 Most Difficult Areas of Sales Tax and How to Manage Them (earn 1 CPE credit)Judy Vordran, TaxOps
- 10:40 AMBreak
- 10:50 AMProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 11:20 AMSmall Group DiscussionsChoose from three different breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates, navigating the AvaTax Admin Console and support, and audit readiness.
- 12:30 PMLunch ReceptionExperience Sports Authority Field at Mile High from the players' perspective. Lunch will be in the Visitors' locker room. As a special thank you, each attendee will receive a complimentary Broncos jersey.
Judy Vorndran leads the state and local tax practice (SALT) at TaxOps, developing efficient SALT management functions and advising businesses in all aspects of state and local tax compliance. She is a recognized leader in SALT solutions and is focused on providing the highest level of responsiveness and accessibility to each of her clients to help them meet their goals and control tax liabilities. In her more than 20 years public accounting experience, she has worked directly with and through strategic alliances to drive positive tax outcomes for her clients. As a lawyer, Judy continually monitors the legislative, judicial, and regulatory tax landscape to assess the tax impact on her clients. She has helped successfully change the laws in several jurisdictions to create greater transparency for taxpayers including but not limited to the City and County of Denver as well as the States of Idaho and South Dakota. Previously, Judy was the first National Tax Partner at Eide Bailly, where she launched the firm's SALT practice. She also gained extensive experience managing state tax risk and enforcement issues as a senior tax manager for PwC and Deloitte. At PwC, she participated in the National Tax Service line, working with teams throughout the U.S. providing best-in-class services in the SALT arena. Later, at Deloitte she traveled the U.S. extensively serving clients in a multitude of states and industries. In this role, Judy gained valuable hands-on experience with a wide variety of tax regimes imposed by various jurisdictions on taxpayers operating across the country. Judy holds both a doctorate of law and a master's of business administration in taxation from the University of Colorado as well as a finance undergraduate degree from San Diego State University. She is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the American Institute of CPAs, Colorado Society of CPAs, the Colorado Association of Commerce & Industry-Tax Council, the American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants, and the Tax Sections of the Colorado and American Bar Associations. Judy is a frequent speaker and writer on state and local tax issues that matter to dynamic businesses. In her spare time, Judy loves to travel and counts 19 countries and 44 United States visited in her worldly adventures. She is an exercise enthusiast, volunteer, friend and mother.