iPic Theater Westwood
We're saving you a seat at the movies
- iPic Theater Westwood
Date & Time:
- October 14, 2016
- 11:30am to 6:30pm
- 10850 Wilshire Blvd.
- Los Angeles, CA 90024
A-List events bring together customers and partners, product specialists and industry experts to discuss best practices, showcase new products and provide training for users. Over the years, the content has evolved to include product training and small group sessions so you only attend sessions most relevant to you.
Join the thousands of customers and partners who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it!
As a sign of our appreciation for the hard work you put in every day, we’re hosting an exclusive private showing of The Accountant, an upcoming film by Warner Bros. starring Ben Affleck. We’ll bring the snacks and drinks. You bring your business cards to network with other accounting professionals before and after the meeting and movie.
- 11:30 AMLunch & Registration
- 12:15 PMAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 12:25 PMCompliance Challenges DiscussionDiscussion led by Graham Hoad, Sales Tax Resource Group
- 1:35 PMProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 2:00 PMPreparing for an AuditGet advice from an auditor before you have to meet with one. Clifford Turner was a tough-as-nails California State Auditor who has witnessed every mistake in the book. Join this session with Clifford and learn about the key areas of the sales tax audit process.
- 2:30 PMStump the Expert Q&AWith over 20 years of experience helping companies understand and navigate the complexities of sales and use tax, Graham Hoad, is off the clock, and ready to answer your toughest compliance questions. Join this 20-minute discussion to share your stories, ask questions and hear directly from an expert. Come prepared with your questions!
- 2:50 PMOrange Carpet Welcome ReceptionWelcome to the premiere for the Accountant. Get your photo taken, grab a cocktail and a tub popcorn before finding a seat in the private and luxurious theater for the movie.
- 3:30 PMThe Accountant screening
- 5:30 PMCocktail Reception
Graham formed STRG in early 1999. As a multistate tax consultant with a “Big 4″ accounting firm and as a former sales tax auditor with the California State Board of Equalization, he was involved in many audits both as an auditor and a consultant. He also created significant tax saving and cash generating strategies for many types of clients. Graham is a certified member of Sales Tax of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT). He is enrolled to practice before the IRS, and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from California State University, Long Beach. Graham also sits on the Board of Direction of the Sunset Beach Sanitary District.