U.S. Bank Stadium
We love our customers! If you have not attended an A-list customer appreciation event in the past, you are in for a treat! A-Lists are a great opportunity to network with other accounting and finance professionals, learn from industry experts and best of all…join us for a private tour at the U.S. Bank Stadium!
Cost: The cost is FREE!
- U.S. Bank Stadium
Date & Time:
- May 24, 2017
- 9:00am to 2:00pm
- 401 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55415
A-Lists events deliver user-inspired content, training, and networking opportunities for customers across the country. Join the thousands of customers who have attended an A-List – you don’t want to miss it!
Avalara is offering this fun A-List event on May 24, 2017, with a free private tour of U.S. Bank Stadium!
All times are in Central Standard Time.
1. Seating is limited for this event. First-come, first-serve. We will create a waiting list for those who are not able to register.
2. You must attend the meeting portion to be eligible to attend the tour.
3. Limit 2 tickets per company
4. Only one registrant per email address
- 9:00 – 9:30 am Registration Opens
- 9:30 – 9:40 am Avalara Welcome
- 9:40 – 10:30 amKeynote Presentation: Situs: Who can tax the transaction? (1 CPE credit)
- 10:30 – 10:45 am Break
- 10:45 – 11:45 am Breakout sessions (attendees pick 1)Breakout option 1: Fireside Chat with the AvaTax Product Manager Breakout option 2: What is new in Nexus?
- 11:45 am – 12:00 pm Closing Remarks
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch, prize give-away, tour tickets
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm Tour of stadium
As both an attorney and a CPA, Jordan has a comprehensive view of tax planning strategies. He is an expert in resolving state and local tax controversies for multistate and multinational corporations, including Fortune 1000 clients. He is one of the nation’s most sought after lecturers and authors on multi-state tax issues, controversies and planning.
Marilyn Wethekam is a tax attorney with Horwood Marcus & Berk in Chicago. She has significant experience in the resolution of state and local tax disputes and audit defense. She has devoted her practice to state and local taxes on a nationwide basis for multistate and multinational corporations, advising clients on multistate tax issues that involve income, franchise, sales/use and motor fuel taxes. Her eighteen years of corporate tax experience with Mobil Oil Corporation and Montgomery Ward & Co. have provided her with an understanding of the complex issues encountered by multistate and multinational corporations. This understanding has allowed her to develop innovative solutions for multistate tax issues as well as the practical resolution of disputes. She has formulated multistate audit strategies, drafted legislation, and represented multistate corporations in income, franchise, sales/use and miscellaneous tax matters in more than thirty states.