NOTE: Space for this event is currently full. Please register below to be added to the wait list.
Cost: No registration fee
- Target Field
- Press Conference Room
Date & Time:
- June 23, 2016
- 8:30am to 3:30pm
- 1 Twins Way
- Minneapolis, MN 55403
Whether you are an Avalara customer or partner, don’t miss this opportunity to meet your Minneapolis-area peers. Join industry veterans, product experts and Avalara leadership to talk tax and compliance challenges.
- 8:30amArrival & Registration
- 9:00amAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 9:10amCompliance Challenges Discussion
- 10:20amProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 10:50amBreakout sessionsChoose from three different breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates, navigating the AvaTax Admin Console and support, and audit readiness.
- 12:10pmFirst PitchWatch the Twins take on the Phillies from Avalara's private suite.
- Parking InformationThere are several options for parking in downtown Minneapolis including 7,000 parking spaces conveniently adjacent to Target Field in the ABC and Hawthorne ramps, nearly 25,000 parking spaces in parking lots/ramps throughout downtown. For more information, please visit the Target Field parking page here, http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/ballpark/transportation/index.jsp?content=parking_downtown
As a Director in DMA’s Minnesota office, Jeff provides effective sales/use tax solutions to large public and private corporations in a variety of industries. He performs sales/use tax overpayment reviews and analyzes client data for use with DMA’s sales/use tax automated review process. Jeff also reviews sales/use tax audit assessments and files necessary appeals. He negotiates with state taxing authorities regarding audit assessments and refund claims filed. Additionally, Jeff performs utility consumption studies to obtain sales/use tax exemption. He also assists in providing training seminars for clients and conducts state and local tax research on an ongoing basis. Jeff has more than 15 years’ experience in sales/use tax working with clients from a broad range of industries including medical manufacturing, food processing, telecommunications, commercial airline providers, die casting, chemical processing, aerospace technology, and automotive. He has performed sales/use tax diagnostic and overpayment reviews for large multi-state clients. Jeff has generated significant tax savings for clients and successfully resolved refund claims and sales/use tax audits with tax authorities. Jeff holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Indiana University. He continues to broaden his knowledge through research and by attending seminars and classes through the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT) and Tax Executives Institute (TEI) that focus on the latest changes in taxation and technology.
As a Senior Technology Consultant, Josh professionally delivers robust custom tax solutions, while maintaining agreed scope, budget, and timeline for application development and integrations. He works closely with clients, including multiple Fortune 500 companies, and provides them with Post Go-Live and Production Support. Josh meets current business requirements by implementing, updating or realigning new or current tax software systems with all major ERPs. From functional definition and user flows to site maps and navigation schemas, Josh is a key participant in the software development life cycle. Josh’s experience includes transaction taxes, transaction tax automation systems, and custom tax related solutions. His expertise includes implementation processes, integration procedures, project management, Tax/IT harmonization, solution design, user interface design, testing procedures, process control, and process improvement. Prior to working with DMA’s Tax Technology Division, Josh started his own small business and worked on a Mobile Application Development startup. Josh holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Management & Entrepreneurship with a minor in Studio Art from St. John’s University. He continues to expand his knowledge by attending seminars and training pertaining to tax and tax software systems.