Wells Fargo Center - SOLD OUT
Hockey Night with Avalara
- Wells Fargo Center - SOLD OUT
- Private Suites
Date & Time:
- November 17, 2016
- 3:30pm to 9:30pm
- 3601 South Broad St.
- Philadelphia, PA 19148
A-List events deliver user-inspired content, training and networking opportunities for customers across the United States. Join the thousands of customers who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it when we are in your city.
The Philadelphia event is currently sold out. Fill out the registration form below to add your name to the waitlist.
- 3:30 pmArrival & Registration
- 4:00 pmAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 4:10 pmPractical Considerations for Managing your Tax Department, Mark Rems & Jeremy Jester, Grant ThorntonThis session will highlight items you should be aware of when working with departments within the same organization. Learn how to identify the interplay between sales tax and: income tax, personal property tax, and credits and incentives. Finally, this session will review financial auditing considerations and differences between indirect and income taxes.
- 5:20 pmProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 5:50 pmGroup DiscussionsI am Live With My Avalara Solution - Now What?
- 7:00 pmFlyers vs. JetsWatch the Flyers take on the Jets from Avalara's private suites.
Brian has experience in sales and use tax automation. He has helped the implementation of sales and use tax projects and performed compliance functions. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, LLP, Brian worked in the government contract industry.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Jeremy worked at a Big Four Accounting firm for over five years and has over 11 years of public accounting experience. As a tax attorney, he is responsible for researching the legal and business consequences of tax planning strategies, tax controversy, transfer pricing, ASC 740 and 450 analyses, and performing robust multistate nexus studies. Jeremy has specialized, technical experience with regards to both indirect and income taxation issues including mergers and acquisition structuring, audit assistance, and identifying sales and use tax inventives. Jeremy’s client experience includes retailers, government contractors, not-for-profit entities, manufacturers, telecommunication service providers, healthcare providers, pharmaceuticals, cloud computing, and the food service industry. Jeremy received his Juris Doctor from the Duquesne University School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts Dual Degree (English Writing and Business) from the University of Pittsburgh. He is a member of the Pennsylvania State Bar, American Bar Association–Taxation Section, and Northern Virginia Technology Council—Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee.
JP Ngo has over 25 years of experience in information technology and practical business experience in the implementation, integration & support of custom and packaged software applications. JP has extensive functional & technical experience with Oracle EBS, Business Intelligence and Database. JP has Program Management, Business process re-engineering, full life-cycle Oracle implementations from 10 to R12, upgrades, third party tax integrations, custom design/development, business intelligence, and Training experience.