Root for the Diamondbacks with Avalara!
- Chase Field
- Legends Conference Rooms & Suites
Date & Time:
- April 26, 2016
- 2:00pm to 10:00pm
- 401 East Jefferson St.
- Phoenix, AZ 85004
Whether you are an Avalara customer or partner, don’t miss this opportunity to meet your Phoenix-area peers. Join industry veterans, product experts and Avalara leadership to talk tax and compliance issues, network and enjoy a Diamondbacks game from Avalara’s private suite.
NOTE: Space for this event is currently full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending we will put you on the wait list.
- 2:00 pmArrival & Registration
- 2:25 pmWelcome & Introduction
- 2:30 pmAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 2:40 pm3 Things That Should Worry Your CFO, Andy Johnson & Mike FlemingThe pressures for CFOs are mounting especially when evaluating and mitigating risk. During this discussion, learn more about what worries your CFO and what you can do to help them stay ahead of roadblocks.
- 3:40 pmBreak
- 3:50 pmProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 4:20 pmBreakout SessionsAvalara partners: The event includes a breakout session just for you! Come learn how you can leverage the Avalara team to better assist your clients with their transactional tax requirements and improve the success of our partnership by utilizing our turn-key programs. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and feedback with our partner team and gain insight from your industry peers. Avalara customers: Choose from a variety of breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates and filing returns.
- 5:30 pmBreakout Sessions ConcludeGrab a drink, eat some ballpark fare or explore Chase Field before meeting back in the Legends private suites for the game.
- 6:40 pmFirst PitchWatch the Arizona Diamondbacks play the St. Louis Cardinals from Avalara's private suite
Andy graduated with a master’s degree in accounting with emphasis in Taxation from Brigham Young University. He began his career in state taxation with Arthur Anderson, then after 4 years at Arthur Anderson, he partnered with Jerry Peisner and in 1992 founded Peisner Johnson & Company, LLP. Andy is an experienced professional in state and local tax matters and has consulted hundreds of companies in virtually every industry across the country. He is also a member of the AICPA and the Texas Society of CPAs.
Mike is a Director with Peisner Johnson & Company (PJCo). Peisner Johnson, founded in 1992, is a CPA firm that is focused entirely on solving state and local tax issues. PJCo has experience with clients of all sizes, in all industries and currently works in all 50 states, U.S. territories and Canadian Provinces. Mike is originally from New York; where he majored in finance at Hofstra University and put his education to good use when he started his career on Wall Street with Bear Stearns in 1986. Bear Stearns moved Mike to Dallas in 1989, where he has lived since then.