Salt Lake City Culinary Center
Salt Lake City A-List Event
- Salt Lake City Culinary Center
Date & Time:
- October 4, 2016
- 9:00am to 2:00pm
- 2233 South 300 East
- Salt Lake City, UT 84115
A-List events bring together customers and partners, product specialists and industry experts to discuss best practices, showcase new products and provide training for users. Over the years, the content has evolved to include product training and small group sessions so you only attend sessions most relevant to you.
Join the thousands of customers and partners who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it!
- 9:00 AMArrival & Registration
- 9:30 AMAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 9:40 AM3 Things That Should Worry Your CFO about Sales Tax (earn 1 CPE credit)Discussion lead by Andy Johnson, co-founder, Peisner Johnson
- 10:40 AMBreak
- 10:50 AMProduct OverivewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 11:30 AMSmall Group DiscussionsChoose from three different breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates, navigating the AvaTax Admin Console, and a special
- 12:30 PMCooking ClassRoll up your sleeves and get cooking! We will be preparing a variety of dishes to sample during lunch as a group.
Andy graduated with a master’s degree in accounting with emphasis in Taxation from Brigham Young University. He began his career in state taxation with Arthur Anderson, then after 4 years at Arthur Anderson, he partnered with Jerry Peisner and in 1992 founded Peisner Johnson & Company, LLP. Andy is an experienced professional in state and local tax matters and has consulted hundreds of companies in virtually every industry across the country. He is also a member of the AICPA and the Texas Society of CPAs.