History Park & Bay Area Glass Institute
Join us for user-inspired content, training and networking
- History Park & Bay Area Glass Institute
- Meeting Location: The Firehouse (History Park)
Date & Time:
- September 14, 2016
- 8:30am to 3:00pm
- 1650 Senter Road
- San Jose, CA 95112
A-List events bring together customers and partners, product specialists and industry experts to discuss best practices, showcase new products and provide training for users. Over the years, the content has evolved to include product training and small group sessions so you only attend sessions most relevant to you.
Join the thousands of customers and partners who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it!
- 8:30 AMArrival & RegistrationBreakfast provided
- 9:00 AMAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 9:10 AMSales & Use Tax Update & Audit Best Practices (1 CPE credit hour)Discussion led by Ryan Kennedy, DuCharme, McMillen & Associates (DMA)
- 10:10 AMBreak
- 10:20 AMProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 10:50 AMSmall Group SessionsChoose from three different breakout sessions including managing exemption certificates, navigating the AvaTax Admin Console and support, and audit readiness.
- 12:00 PMGrab-n-Go Lunch & Glass Blowing Workshop (optional)Join us at Bay Area Glass Institute for an afternoon learning how to create your own piece of blown glass. Each participant will be able to take home their artwork! This portion of the event is optional and will end at approximately 3:00 pm. Registration for the glass blowing is also on the event registration.
As a Tax Manager, Ryan conducts sales/use tax overpayment reviews and transaction analyses for DMA’s clients. He also assists clients with state and local audit defense, nexus studies, and other related projects. With a strong background in tax law, Ryan researches complex state and local tax issues and identifies potential tax savings and tax planning opportunities for DMA’s clients. Experience Ryan has a wide variety of experience in both the public accounting and private sector. He has worked with diverse industries in multiple states. Prior to joining DMA, Ryan worked for an internationally recognized consulting firm in their property tax division. He also spent three years in public accounting, specializing in federal tax compliance and tax consulting for high net worth individuals. After finishing law school, Ryan worked for a large private equity group specializing in historic tax credits and new market tax credits. Education/Credentials Ryan holds a law degree from the Southern Illinois University School of Law, a Masters of Accountancy from the Southern Illinois School of Business, and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Illinois College. Ryan is a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT). He continues to expand his knowledge of state and local taxation through research and involvement in the tax community. Contact Phone: 800-309-2110, ext. 2543 Email: email@example.com
As a Senior Director, Zack focuses on providing solutions to clients’ transaction tax dilemmas. He leads a team of individuals who specialize in sales/use tax overpayment reviews, audit review and defense, nexus studies, and tax matrix development. Zack’s expertise includes the fundamentals of sales/use tax law as well as the application of state statutes affecting DMA’s clients. He is also adept at issue-driven initiatives that benefit DMA’s Fortune 1000 clients. In addition, Zack negotiates with auditors regarding audit assessments and refunds and performs sales/use tax training seminars for clients. Zack has more than 17 years of sales/use tax experience. He has performed sales/use tax reviews for clients in a variety of industries including paper and pulp, financial services, healthcare, retail, semiconductor, and automotive manufacturing. Zack has successfully presented unique tax issues to various states resulting in a modification of the states’ interpretation of the governing tax law, thereby providing significant tax savings for DMA’s clients. Zack hold a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting and Finance from Indiana University. He continues to broaden his tax knowledge by attending seminars and classes that focus on the latest changes in taxation and technology. Zack is also involved in the tax community and regularly speaks at various tax-related seminars. Contact Phone: 800-309-2110, ext. 2555 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Senior Technology Consultant, Talal provides consulting services relating to the integration of transactional tax software solutions and automation of tax processes. He works closely with DMA’s clients to efficiently determine requirements, develop the most appropriate integration solution, and implement the solution. Talal has a broad base of knowledge in many functional and project management areas, including tax calculation, sales and use tax return preparation, G/L reconciliation, manufacturing sub-contracting tax implications, and audit defense which allows him to provide significant benefits to the client and overall project.