Residence Inn Seattle/East Redmond
We're saving you a seat at the movies
- Residence Inn Seattle/East Redmond
- Willows Meeting Room
Date & Time:
- October 20, 2016
- 11:30am to 6:00pm
- 7575 164th Ave NE
- Redmond, WA 98052
- Movie showing will be at iPic across the street
A-List events bring together customers and partners, product specialists and industry experts to discuss best practices, showcase new products and provide training for users. Over the years, the content has evolved to include product training and small group sessions so you only attend sessions most relevant to you.
Join the thousands of customers and partners who have attended an A-List – you won’t want to miss it!
As a sign of our appreciation for the hard work you put in every day, we’re hosting an exclusive private showing of The Accountant, an upcoming film by Warner Bros. starring Ben Affleck. We’ll bring the snacks and drinks. You bring your business cards to network with other accounting professionals before and after the meeting and movie.
- 11:30 AMLunch & Registration
- 12:00 PMAvalara OverviewYou have invested in Avalara for the long run, and our evolution affects your business. Innovation is a part of our DNA and that is how we will help customers and partners manage continuous change and complexity over time. This short overview of Avalara will highlight the key initiatives Avalara concentrates on to offer the fastest, easiest, most accurate, affordable and reliable transactional tax solutions.
- 12:10 PMCompliance Challenge DiscussionDiscussion led by Rachel Le Mieux, Peterson Sullivan
- 1:10 PMBreak
- 1:20 PMProduct OverviewAvalara continues to expand its depth and breadth of products and services. During this session, learn about the new product features to our existing core products, brand new offerings and the customer resources available to you to get the most out of your investment.
- 1:50 PMSmall Group DiscussionsAttendees will have the opportunity to attend two small breakout sessions. The first breakout will be hosted by guest speaker, Rachel le Mieux. She's off the clock so bring your questions! The second breakout will cover how to solve the primary sales tax filing challenges including local returns, managing filing schedules and notice management.
- 3:00 PMBreak & Movie Seating
- 3: 30 PMThe Accountant
Rachel has been practicing in state and local taxes since 1985. She is a certified public accountant and a certified member of the institute (CMI) for professionals in state and local taxation. She consults with clients in a broad range of industries on state and local tax issues involving sales and use taxes, gross receipts taxes, income taxes, and other miscellaneous taxes. Prior to joining Peterson Sullivan, Rachel was the partner in charge of the Seattle office of a worldwide tax consulting firm. Early in her career, she worked for over 10 years at the Washington State Department of Revenue as a legislation and policy specialist. This knowledge and experience enable her to consistently offer solutions to clients with questions on a myriad of issues. Such solutions can involve advising on tax minimization strategies when buying or selling assets, determining when a business is subject to taxation in another state, and minimizing taxes on inter-company transactions. Rachel thrives on the complexities of state and local tax. With 50 states and thousands of local jurisdictions, no two tax systems are alike. Rachel enjoys the intricacies of working through a tax puzzle and helping clients put together the pieces.