Statement of Work for Avalara Implementation Services for AvaTax, CertCapture, and Returns
Effective as of June 1, 2017
This Statement of Work (“SOW”) describes the Professional Services provided to Customer by Avalara. This SOW is in addition to and incorporates by reference the Avalara Professional Services Terms and Conditions located at https://www.avalara.com/ps-terms (“Terms”). Any capitalized terms used in this SOW and not defined have the meanings given in the Terms.
- Scope of Services.
a. Planning and Design.
i. Solution Design and Project Planning. Avalara will confirm the solution design and project logistics with Customer’s project team, including resources, roles and responsibilities, timing and deployment process. Avalara will propose a work plan and cutover plan for Customer to incorporate into its overall project plan.
ii. Environment Validation. Avalara will collaborate with Customer’s project team on the solution environment paths to be used (test and production), including relevant configurations and functionality, system architecture and patch levels.
iii. Avalara Solution Set-Up. Avalara will enable in its SaaS solution any instance of its products required to support this project.
b. Solution Deployment.
i. Production Deployment. Avalara will participate in solution deployment activities including data migrations and cutover planning.
ii. Post-Production Support. Post-production support is provided for separately under Customer’s Avalara support contract.
- Avalara AvaTax Implementation Services. Customers who have purchased AvaTax Implementation Services will receive the following:
a. Platform Connector Installation. Avalara charges for the AvaTax Implementation Services for each connector.
i. Avalara-Built Platform Connector. Avalara will provide the current installation package for Customer’s system(s). Customer will incorporate the Avalara software and perform any installation, configuration, or code merge activities into Customer’s system(s). Avalara will provide technical support in troubleshooting installation issues.
ii. Partner-Built Connector. Customer will be responsible for incorporating the Avalara software and performing any installation, configuration, or code merge activities into Customer’s system(s) or engaging with a partner to do so.
iii. Avalara AvaTax API. Avalara will provide guidance for the best practices of developing the AvaTax integration to Customer’s custom system(s).
b. Tax Logic Matrix and Tax Code Mapping. Avalara will conduct a workshop with Customer’s tax department to develop a tax logic matrix to define the business rules to be used for tax exemption processing and assist with the identification of appropriate Avalara AvaTax system tax codes (tax categories) for use in product-based tax exemption processing.
c. Avalara AvaTax Configurations. Avalara AvaTax configuration will be completed by Customer’s tax team with guidance and support from Avalara. Avalara AvaTax configuration is mainly comprised of the following:
i. AvaTax Entities. Avalara will guide Customer in the configuration of Avalara AvaTax with the appropriate reporting entities.
ii. AvaTax Nexus. Avalara will guide Customer through the configurations in Avalara AvaTax to enable tax collection in the various state and local taxing jurisdictions in which Customer has identified a reporting requirement.
iii. AvaTax Product Tax Categories. Avalara will guide Customer in the configurations to map Customer’s tax drivers (product tax categories) to the appropriate Avalara System Tax Codes (tax categories) based on the Tax Logic Matrix.
iv. AvaTax Exemptions. Avalara will guide Customer on best practices for handling of Customer’s customer exemptions within the solution, and configure as such.
d. Solution Testing. Avalara will assist Customer in providing feedback on the Customer’s pre-defined test scripts for targeted tax testing and assist with evaluating test results. Avalara will provide support during user acceptance testing with issue resolution and troubleshooting related to the Avalara solutions.
It is Customer’s responsibility to ensure the scenarios tested are complete, the tests are executed to the level required and the results are accepted at the end of the testing cycle.
e. Avalara AvaTax Training: Avalara will provide key user training on the use and maintenance of the AvaTax solution (two sessions: an initial introductory session to familiarize the key business users and project team members with the Avalara functionality and an advanced session on the use and maintenance of the tax-related functionality before solution deployment).
- Avalara CertCapture Implementation Services. Customers who have purchased CertCapture Implementation Services will receive the following:
a. Avalara CertCapture Training: Avalara will provide key user training on the use and maintenance of the new exemption certificate tax solution (four sessions: an initial introductory session to familiarize Customer’s key business users and project team members with the functionality of CertCapture and follow up advanced sessions on Customer’s customer maintenance, certificate requests, managing certificates and business process flow.
b. Avalara CertCapture Configurations. Avalara CertCapture configuration will be completed by Customer’s tax team with guidance and support from Avalara. Avalara CertCapture configuration is mainly comprised of the following:
1) CertCapture Entities. Avalara will provision CertCapture with the entities in which Customer has identified a need for exemption management.
2) CertCapture Settings. Avalara will guide Customer on the configurations and Company Content within the CertCapture application.
3) CertCapture Customers. Avalara will guide Customer on the import/entry of Customer’s customers in the appropriate format for Customer’s business requirements.
- Avalara Returns Implementation Services. Customers who have purchased Avalara Returns Implementation Services will receive the following:
a. Avalara Returns Training: Avalara will provide key user training on the returns monthly process to include assistance with the appropriate documentation for implementation and then follow up training on the monthly Tax Liability Worksheet review and approval processes.
b. Avalara Returns Configuration: Avalara will guide Customer on the filing calendar setup process for up to five reporting jurisdictions.
- Timing. Avalara can initiate this effort within 30 days of receipt of a signed order authorizing this work. The length of time necessary to complete the project depends largely on Customer’s internal resources. We will assist for a period of six months from the start of the project. Should the project be extended, Avalara’s role (if any) past this duration will require written approval. For an additional fee, Avalara will initiate the Professional Services within five days of Customer’s signed order form being processed by Avalara.
- Extension of Scope. This SOW applies only to the specific purchases made on the associated order form. Any change in the scope of this SOW or undue delay by Customer in meeting its obligations under this SOW may require an extension in the schedule, an adjustment in the fees and expenses, or an adjustment in the work Avalara is to perform, which will be enumerated in a change order signed by the Parties.
- Professional Fees. Avalara’s fee for Professional Services is set forth in the applicable order form. Avalara will issue an invoice upon receipt of a signed order form. Unless otherwise specified in an order form, Avalara will automatically charge Customer’s payment information on file for any renewals, upgrades, overage fees, and additional Services purchased.
a. Customer represents that all information and documentation provided to Avalara is accurate to the best of Customer’s knowledge.
b. Customer is responsible for all implementation efforts related to the ERP system(s).
c. Customer is responsible for providing the appropriate project (test and production) environment(s) to support this effort including a working instance of the solutions and appropriate technical and functional resources to support the project infrastructure and environment(s).
d. The scope of this engagement does not include any specific tax research or determination of the taxability of Customer’s company’s products or services.
e. Customer is responsible for all sales and use tax decisions made and filing positions taken.
f. If Customer terminates this SOW without cause before the Professional Services are completed, Customer shall pay the full cost of the services.
g. Any Customer-specific customization required on the Avalara core product functionality is outside the scope of this SOW.