Wyoming 2012 Sales Tax Rates and Credit Updates
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Jan 3, 2012 | Will Frei
First, the following sales tax rate changes have been put into effect in Sweetwater County beginning January 1, 2012:
- The county's sales/use tax rate decreased 5%; and
- The combined sales, use, and lodging tax rate for is 7%.
Second, effective with the January 2012 reporting period, vendors and direct payers can take a credit on their return "...to help offset the cost of reporting sales/use tax due to the state." Requirements for eligibility include:
- Returns and payments must be postmarked by the 15th of the month the tax is due.
- The compensation credit may not exceed $500.00 in any month.
- The sales tax account must be in good standing.
Go here to read the rest of the newsletter, including the full list of eligibility requirements for the vendor compensation credit.