Indiana Hear Ye…Time To Electronically File With INTax
- Jun 19, 2012 | Susan McLain
In Indiana, the time to electronically file has come. Starting January 2013, “ALL businesses in Indiana must file and pay their sales and withholding taxes electronically,” according to the recent Tax Dispatch (Volume 15 No. 1).
Indiana’s new online tool, INTax provides more than just e-filing capability for retailers and practitioners. Besides filling and paying taxes electronically, a retailer or practitioner may:
- Correspond with the Department of Revenue using a secured inbox.
- Manage Indiana retail sales, out-of-state sales, prepaid sales metered pump sales, tire fees, fuel taxes and withholding taxes.
- Practitioners can register and edit multiple clients, view/print a current client list and view client payment and return history on demand.
- File a return when no tax is due.
- Schedule payments up to 30 days in advance.
- Make a separate electronic payment for each client or pay multiple client accounts through a bulk payment upload (practitioners).
“A special edition of Tax Dispatch will be delivered in July discussing the transition to INTax and e-filing in more detail.” In addition, “[t]he Department will begin notifying all businesses that are not currently electronically paying and filing their sales and withholding taxes in July.”