Avalara Taxrates > Blog > Sales Tax News > Vermont Mobile Home Tax Reimbursement Form - Avalara

Vermont Mobile Home Tax Reimbursement Form

The Vermont Department of Taxes has issued a new request form (MH-302) for tax reimbursement for ". . . mobile homes replaced as result of one of the 2011 federally declared disasters." 

Those who had to replace mobile homes due to a federally declared disaster can use the form to process the reimbursement of either the property transfer tax or the sales tax paid for the replacement home.

Taxpayers must meet the following requirments in order to qualify for a reimbursement:

  1. Be a resident of Vermont.
  2. Have a mobile home damaged or destroyed by one of the 2011 federally declared disasters.
  3. Purchase a replacement mobile home between April 2, 2011 and June 30, 2012.

Along with the form, taxpayers must submit documentation that shows their loss was ". . . a direct result of a 2011 federally declared disaster. Documentation may include but is not limited to: Approved FEMA claim or letter from a Town official." Taxpayers must also include the ". . . applicable document associated with tax type indicated on Line 6a or 6b."

The form must be completed by September 30, 2012.

Get Free Tax Rate Tables

Sales tax rates, rules, and regulations change frequently. Although we hope you'll find this information helpful, this blog is for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or tax advice.
Avalara Author
Will Frei
Avalara Author Will Frei
Will Frei covers sales tax news including best practices, legislation and sales tax technology. He is the Social Media Manager at Avalara.