Arkansas Sales Tax Rate Changes October 2012
- Jul 12, 2012 | Will Frei
The Arkansas Department of Revenue announced local sales tax rate changes, effective October 1, 2012.
Businesses in the following cities and counties should prepare to update their cash registers and software applications to account for these sales tax rate changes (codes included in parentheses):
- Damascus City (23-05), rate enacted at 1.000%
- Melbourne City (33-02), rate increase to 2.000%
- Palestine (68-4), rate increase to 2.000%
- Twin Groves (23-11), rate rescinded to 0.000%
- Miller County (46-00), rate increase to 1.250%
Get Free Tax Rate Tables
Sales tax rates, rules, and regulations change frequently. Although we hope you'll find this information helpful, this blog is for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or tax advice.
Avalara Author Will Frei
Will Frei covers sales tax news including best practices, legislation and sales tax technology. He is the Social Media Manager at Avalara.