Vermilion Parish Louisiana Sales Tax Rate Change July 2012
- Sales Tax News
- Jul 11, 2012 | Susan McLain
Effective July 1, 2012, Vermilion Parish Louisiana has the following rate change:
“Sales tax rate for…Abbeville Film and Visitors Commission Hotel/Motel has decreased by 0.50%. The old rate was 2.00%. The new rate is 1.50%. The tax only applies to the sleeping facilities located inside the city limits of Abbeville.”
According to VermilionToday.com, "Abbeville, the largest city in the parish, had a five percent increase in collection from a year ago." Other towns showed mixed results:
- Erath - collected "...just over $1,000 more than last year."
- Kaplan - collected "...about $2,000 more than a year ago."
- Gueydan - showed a decrease of $2,000.
- Delcambre - collected five percent less than last May.
- Maurice - collected $400 less.