New York Tax Department Helps Taxpayers with Online System
- Dec 17, 2012 | Gail Cole
- Weekdays between December 13 and December 20, 2012, the call center will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 15, it will be open 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The call center's phone number is 518-485-2889.
The new system provides, according to Commissioner Thomas H. Mattox, "a one-stop, seamless experiences for businesses." It allows businesses to file all sales taxes and reports online. In addition, it "reflects requests and input from thousands of users from New York's business and tax professional communities." Online filing is expected to help the Department of Taxation and Finance "make more accurate distributions of sales tax revenue to local governments."
Additional User Support
In addition to extended call center hours, there is help available on the department's website. Online demonstrations are available any time of day, and webinars are offered periodically.
- December 14 at 10:00 a.m.
- December 18 at 1:00 p.m.
The new online filing system is being phased in and is currently optional. However:
- For quarterly and monthly filers, online filing will become mandatory for the June 1 - August 31, 2013 filing period, due September 20, 2013.
- For annual filers, online filing will become mandatory for taxes due March 20, 2014.