Alabama Updates List of Exempt Charitable Organizations
- Sales Tax News
- Jan 18, 2013 | Gail Cole
The Alabama Department of Revenue has released an updated list of charitable organizations that are exempt from paying the state sales and use tax, pursuant to special acts of the Legislature.
Several organizations were added to this on August 1, 2012. These are:
- Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, Incorporated;
- Alabama Association of Volunteer Fire Departments;
- Alabama Marine Corps League;
- Building and Construction Trades Group, Inc (replaces the now defunct Birmingham Building Trades Tower);
- Fire associations, county volunteer;
- Fire districts, all local that are not under the auspices of their county commission;
- Rescue associations, all county volunteer; and
- Rescue squads, all volunteer that are members of the Alabama Association of Rescue Squads.
The complete list of Exempt Charitable Organizations and Institutions is available at the Alabama Department of Revenue.
Get Free Tax Rate Tables