Rate Change for Jemison Alabama, April 2013
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Mar 21, 2013 | Gail Cole
The Alabama Department of Revenue has announced a sales tax rate change for the City of Jemison, effective April 2013.
The change stems from Jemison's February 18 adoption of Ordinance No. 08-04-86A, which levies a tax increase for sales tax only. The new higher rate does not apply to use tax.
Sales tax rates for Jemison, Alabama:
- General rate: 4%
- Admissions to places of amusement and entertainment: 4%
- Retail selling price of food for human consumption sold through vending machines: 4%
- Net difference paid for machines, machinery and equipment used in planting, cultivating, and harvesting farm products: 0.5%
- Machines, parts, and attachments for machines used in manufacturing of tangible personal property: 1%
- Net difference paid for all automotive vehicles, truck trailers, semi-trailers, and house trailers: 0.5%
- Withdrawal fee for automotive vehicle dealers only $0.83
For businesses located outside of the corporate limits of the City of Jemison but within the police jurisdiction, the rates are one half of the rates listed above.
Taxrates.com confirmed these rates with the Alabama Department of Revenue.
Questions regarding local taxes for the City of Jemison should be directed to the Alabama Department of Revenue, at 866-576-6531.
Get Free Tax Rate Tables