Pisgah, Alabama, Sales Tax Rate Change
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Apr 25, 2013 | Gail Cole
Sit up and take note! The Department of Revenue has announced an impending rate change for the Town of Pisgah, Alabama, and its police jurisdiction. The new rates will take effect on May 1, 2013.
The following sales and use tax rates will increased by 2%, from 1% to 3%:
- "General rate;"
- "Admissions to places of amusement and entertainment;" and
- "Retail selling price of food for human consumption sold through vending machines."
Same Old, Same Old:
There is no change for the following rates:
- "Net difference paid for machines, machinery, and equipment used in planting, cultivating and harvesting farm products:" 0.50%;
- "Machines, parts, and attachments for machines used in manufacturing tangible personal property:" 0.50%;
- "Net difference paid for all automotive vehicles, truck trailers, semi-trailers, and house trailers:" 0.50%: and
- "Withdrawal fee for automotive vehicle dealers only:" $0.83.
Police Jurisdiction Rates:
Rates for sales made in or delivered to the Town of Pisgah police jurisdiction but outside the city limits are one-half percent (0.5%) lower than the percentages listed above.
Pisgah, Alabama, sales and use tax may be filed with the Department of Revenue: by mail; online at www.revenue.alabama.gov/salestax/efiling.html; or by telephone at 1-800-828-1727. The Locality Code for the Town of Pisgah is 9430.
Pisgah is in Jackson County.
Get Free Tax Rate Tables