Washington State Cities Spread Out, Sales Tax Rates Impacted
- Sales Tax News
- Jun 14, 2013 | Gail Cole
A number of Washington State cities are loosening their belts and expanding their size.
Effective July 1, 2013, the following cities are increasing their boundaries through annexation:
- Forks (Clallam County): Klahn Family Annexation;
- Redmond (King County): Jones Annexation;
- Snohomish (Snohomish County): Snohomish Youth Soccer Annexation;
- Tonasket (Okanagan County): Corso Parcel Annexation, Chief Tonasket Park South, and Mill Drive / Bonaparte;
- Vancouver (Clark County): Glenwood Hills Annexation;
- Lynnwood (Snohomish County);
- Ridgefield (Clark County); and
- Moses Lake (Grant County).
“According to the Department of Revenue, “[s]ales tax rates for businesses included in the annexation may be affected.” The various city planning departments should have more information.
How do you keep up with sales tax rate changes?
Get Free Tax Rate Tables