Georgia Sales Tax Holiday for Energy Efficient Products
- Sales Tax News
- Sep 24, 2013 | Gail Cole
The following Energy Star items will be exempt from sales tax, provided they have a purchase price of $1,500 or less (per item):
- Air conditioners and ceiling fans;
- Clothes washers;
- Dishwashers and refrigerators;
- Doors and windows;
- Florescent light bulbs; and
- Programmable thermostats.
The following WaterSense® products costing $1,500 or less per item will be exempt from sales tax:
- Bathroom sink faucets and faucet accessories;
- High-efficiency toilets and urinals;
- Showerheads; and
- Weather- or sensor-based irrigation controllers.
The sales tax exemption does not apply to rented or leased items, and it does not apply to items "purchased for use in a trade or business."
Read the Georgia Department of Revenue energy and water efficient products sales tax holiday notice here.
How does your business manage sales tax changes such as state sales tax holidays?
Get Free Tax Rate Tables