Florida Local Communications Services Tax Rate Changes, 2014
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Oct 3, 2013 | Gail Cole
The Department of Revenue has issued an information publication regarding upcoming changes to several local communications services tax rates, effective January 1, 2014.
The new rates apply to all bills issued on or after January 1, 2014.
- Hernando County increases to 2.14% (from 1.7%);
- Bowling Green, in Hardee County, increases to 5.6% (from 3.82%);
- McIntosh, in Marion County, jumps to 5.22% (from 1.3%); and
- Cooper City, in Broward County, increases to 5.22% (from 4.8%).
- Titusville, in Brevard County, decreases to 5.22% (from 5.42%); and
- Indialantic, in Brevard County, decreases to 5.8% (from 6.2%).
The department notice urges caution in applying these rate changes prior to the issuance of a complete rate schedule in November. The notice addressed in this blog does not include changes to the county discretionary sales surtax. Counties have until November 16, 2013, to notify the Department of Revenue of any such changes.
How does your business keep track of sales tax rate changes across the nation?
Get Free Tax Rate Tables