Will 2014 Bring More Florida Tax Cuts?
- Nov 26, 2013 | Gail Cole
The following sales tax cuts may be put on the table during the 2014 session:
- A partial repeal of sales tax on businesses electric bills;
- A 2% cut in the communication services tax (on cell phones and cable television);
- A 1% cut in sales tax on commercial property leases;
- A sales tax holiday for clothing, computers and school supplies;
- A sales tax holiday for hurricane supplies; and
- An expansion of the exemption for corporate income taxes.
None of these sales tax cuts is guaranteed, of course. But state economists are considering them.
How does your business keep track of sales tax changes?
Get Free Tax Rate Tables