Alabama Local Sales Tax Changes
- Dec 27, 2013 | Gail Cole
On December 23, 2013, the Alabama Department of Revenue (ADOR) published upcoming local Alabama sales and use tax changes on its website.
Effective January 1, 2014:
- The Town of Excel will increase sales and use tax rates from 1% to 2%.
- The Town of Flomaton will increase most sales and use tax rates from 3% to 4%. However, rates for machinery and equipment used for manufacturing and farming remain 1%.
ADOR also published information about past rate changes.
Effective November 1, 2013:
- The Town of Harpersville increased the lodgings tax rate from 4% to 8%.
- The City of Greensboro increased most sales, use and rental taxes rates from 2% to 3%. However, rates for machinery and equipment used in farming and manufacturing, and rates for the net difference for all vehicles increased from 0.5% to 1%. The rental tax rate for linen increased from 1% to 3%.
Effective September 1, 2013:
- The City of Marion increased sales and use tax rates from 2% to 3%.
Additional local tax changes for Graysville, Tuskegee, Clay County, Jackson, Thomasville, Trafford, and Union were announced on December 23, 2013. The changes described took place between August 2004 and July 2013.
Keeping track of sales tax changes around the country is, well, taxing. An automated solution simplifies sales tax.
Get Free Tax Rate Tables